It doesn’t really matter what time of year it is—chances are, you’re pretty busy! That’s why our team at Tran Dental is humbled and honored whenever our patients take time out of their packed schedules to come in for their routine dental exams.
Wondering how often you should schedule an appointment with us? Keep reading for some basic guidelines that will help you keep your oral health in top shape.
How Often Should I See The Dentist?
You may have heard that “most dentists” recommend getting a routine dental exam and cleaning every six months. The truth is, while a twice-per-year trip to the dentist’s office can be a great frequency for many people, it may not appropriate for everyone.
Some individuals—including anyone diagnosed with or at higher risk for dental disease—might need to come in more frequently than this, while other people with good oral health and a low risk of dental problems may do well with just once-per-year visits.
Our San Antonio dentist team proudly stands with the American Dental Association (ADA), who in 2013 released a statement saying that “the frequency of [individuals’] regular dental visits should be tailored by their dentists to accommodate for their current oral health status and health history.”In other words, if you’re wondering how often you should see your dentist, the answer is:
At Tran Dental, our San Antonio dental team is happy to collaborate with you to determine the best plan of care for all your dental health needs and goals.
5 Signs It’s Time to Visit The Dentist
Wondering if it’s time for you to pick up the phone and call a dentist near you? Here are five signs that there’s no better time than now:
- You haven’t been to the dentist in over one year
- You’re concerned about any unusual signs or symptoms (e.g., pain in the mouth, receding gum line, bleeding gums, painful or clicking jaw, discolored teeth, etc.)
- You have risk factors for periodontal disease, e.g., type 2 diabetes, a smoking history, or recent head or jaw trauma
- You feel self-conscious about the look of your smile
- You’d like some peace of mind or extra instructions on how to take the best care of your teeth and gums
Call 210-674-3700 today to schedule your next dental exam and cleaning in San Antonio, TX with one of our experienced dentists, Dr. Lan M. Tran or Dr. Thien An Ho.