What are signs you may need dental implants?
Dental implants have been used for more than 30 years. Patients get dental implants because they need to replace their teeth, but replacing teeth is the result of a number of reasons. Here are some top reasons or signs dental implants may be in order.
- Missing teeth. If you have a missing tooth or missing teeth, then you may want to get your teeth checked if you have not already. You want to make sure no other teeth are in danger of falling out. You will also want to discuss dental implants for the missing teeth.
- Loose denture. Do you have dentures? If so, then check to see if they are loose at all. If your dentures become loose during the day, it can make you uncomfortable. The alternative may be permanently replaced teeth via dental implants.
- Loose bridge. Do you have a bridge? If so, the same applies here as with the loose dentures. Fix the problem permanently with dental implants.
- Decaying teeth. If any of your teeth are infected or decaying, then you may need to have them extracted. In lieu of the newly extracted teeth will be crowns via dental implants.
- Broke or cracked tooth. Whether its age, poor eating, or cracking your tooth against something hard after a fall or another incident, you may end up with a broken or cracked tooth. For the former, your dentist may advise extraction and for the latter, you may want an extraction for cosmetic reasons. Again, in place of the teeth will be crowns affixed via dental implants.
There are other reasons, too, like simply not wanting to deal with denture adhesives anymore. If you feel any kind of discomfort with your teeth and/or smile, talk to you dentist. He or she will be able to discuss with you your options with regard to dental implants.